Saturday, May 19, 2012

Questions Answers - by Saudi Arabia Expatriates



     Please find below number of common questions frequently asked (FAQs) by Saudi Arabia expatriates regarding various topics. These topics include exit re entry visa, family visa, dependent visa, iqama renewal, iqama lost, traffic violation, final exit and lots of other Saudi Arabia related questions.


1.   I lost my exit‐re‐entry visa while traveling outside the Kingdom; how could I get a replacement for it?
Ø  You are advised to visit this page (https://www.eserve.com.sa/VVSWeb/) and print a copy of your exit‐re‐entry visa so that you can return to Kingdom without obstacles.

2.   My father, mother, wife and brother are coming to perform Umrah; are they allowed to stay with me for a while in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia Capital) where I reside?
Ø  Regulations allow that in case you provide a permit from the Hajj and Umrah Administration to let them move outside the holy sites, and sign a pledge that they will leave the Kingdom before the visa expires.

3.      Does the Saudi Department of Passports prevent my entry to Kingdom if I do not carry a no‐object letter?
Ø  The no‐objection letter is related to the labour office procedures and not to the passports department; anyhow the absence of such a letter does not impeded entry procedures to Kingdom.

4.      What are documents required to recruit a relative?
Ø  The recruitment office is responsible for this issue not the Saudi Passports Department.

5.      Is there any fines prescribed for delaying addition of a dependent born inside?
Ø  SR 500 fine is prescribed for delaying addition of a kid born inside the Kingdom for more than three months.
Ø  SR 1000 fine is prescribed for delaying addition of a kid born outside the Kingdom for more than one year.

6.      I fled my sponsor and came back again; how can I deactivate the escape report knowing that the sponsor has no objection?
Ø  Regulations do not allow deactivation of an escape report at the present time after it is made by the sponsor.

7.      One of my dependents did not return on time due to study circumstances, how could his visa be extended?
Ø  Extending visas from out side the Kingdom is through the website of the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

8.      My wife left the Kingdom on an exit‐re‐entry visa and gave birth in her country, how can I enter the kid into the Kingdom?
Ø  The wife shall visit the Saudi embassy in her country and obtain entry visa for her kid. After the family arrives into the Kingdom you need to apply at the passports department to add the kid.

9.      Is there any money burdens prescribed to add a wife coming from outside the Kingdom?
Ø  When a wife gets entry visa to reside with her husband after paying recruitment fees, it means the requirements are met and no additional fees required.

10.  My Iqama is expired and I have a release from my sponsor for service transfer; is it possible to complete sponsorship transfer and then renew my Iqama?
Ø  Regulations stipulate that your Iqama must be valid in order to be able to transfer services to a new sponsor.

11.  I lost a residence permit of one of my dependents, am I fined for that?
Ø  You must report the loss within (24) hours to avoid financial penalty.

12.  I married inside the Kingdom, am I only required to add my wife on my Iqama?
Ø  Regulations stipulate that after marriage wife sponsorship must be transferred to her husband.

13.  I wish to leave on a final visa (Final Exit Visa) but my passport is expired, what shall I do?
Ø  You must renew your passport before applying for a final exit visa.

14.  I have a traffic violation, can I obtain an exit‐re‐entry visa?
Ø  Regulations stipulate that your traffic records should be clean from violations in order to get the required visa.

15.  My wife left the Kingdom on an exit‐re‐entry visa for one year for study and she has (2 kids); can she return to kingdom without her kids?
Ø  Regulations do not ban her return without her kids but such a procedure will deprive the kids of their residency rights in the Kingdom.

16.  I am 25 years old and I am still a student; can I renew my residence permit and stay on my father sponsorship?
Ø  The regulations stipulate that after the age of 25 years, sponsorship be transferred thus both renewal of residence permit and transfer of sponsorship are done at the same time.

17.  I encountered special circumstances delayed my return on time; is there a way to extend my visa?
Ø  Your sponsor can apply for visa extension for only one month through the website(https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/eDefault.asp) of the ministry of foreign affairs, provided that your residence permit is valid.

18.  What are the documents required to obtain a visit visa for a family member?
Ø  Obtaining a Saudi Visit Visa is a procedure of the Saudi Ministry of foreign affairs which you can access through its website. (https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/eDefault.asp)

19.  Is there any fees prescribed for adding newborns inside or outside the Kingdom?
Ø  SR 2000 is defined as fees for adding newborns outside the Kingdom. No fees for newborns inside the Kingdom.

20.  My wife entered the kingdom on a visit visa; I did not find the border number in order to pay the fees and complete the extension procedures what shall I do?
Ø  The border number is hand‐written near the visa starting with the digit (3). If it is not possible to find it just report to the visa extension division to get the number required for the extending the visa.

21.  Is it allowed to change a visit visa into a residency visa?
Ø  Regulations do not allow that.

22.  How can I change my profession on Iqama (Resident Permit) ?
Ø  It is possible to change profession on Iqama (Resident Permit) according to qualification certificates upon Saudi Labour office approval.

23.  I have an emergency that requires my travel, can I have a travel visa outside the formal work‐time?
Ø  The passports departments work around the clock; but services for special cases outside the official work‐time are assessed and provided if necessary.

24.  I have a traffic violation registered in my name, can I get an exit‐re‐entry visa?
Ø  You traffic records should be clean from violations in order to be able to get an exit‐re‐entry visa.

25.  My family members are added in the Iqama of the mother, could the mother travel without them?
Ø  Regulations stipulate that the dependents should travel with the mother, otherwise they should be separated with a special passport/ passports.

26.  If my Iqama is damaged shall I apply for a new Iqama or stay until it is expires?
Ø  You should apply for a new Iqama; if the damaged Iqama is nearly to expire and you want to renew it, regulations allow adding validity period remaining in the old Iqama to the validity of the new Iqama.

27.  Am I allowed to obtain a final exit visa if there is a car registered in my name?
Ø  You must sell any vehicle registered in your name before you could be able to obtain a final exit visa.

28.  Can I return to Kingdom on a new visa before expiration of an exit‐re‐entry visa?
Ø  Regulations do not allow you return to the Kingdom on a new visa as long as you have a valid exit‐re‐entry visa.

29.  Is there any fines imposed for a loss of Iqama?
Ø  SR 1000 fine is prescribed as fees for Iqama loss.

Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs http://www.moi.gov.sa

If you are looking for information on Visa Visa Click Here. For details on applying for Permanent Family Visa, go Here.

For topics pertaining to Living and Working in Saudi Arabia, Click Here


Disclaimer: This information is intened only for helping the information seekers and is not accountable for any legal challenge.


24 comments:

  1. Hello everybody!

    It is to ask that my Funni visa is in process but it would have different profession as per my profession, kindly tell me that how much time is required to change profession after job?
    Second, what should be the minimum salary to apply for family visa?

    Thanks.
    Junaid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sponsor can change your profession online by MOL site . Then he has to go to Jawazat to get new iqama.

      Delete
  2. What are they ways to submit Fee for getting Family Residence Visa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my wife was divorced from her husband now i married with her she have one daughter of 10 years from her old husband .my wife is with me in ksa how we get resedent visa for that daughter pl guid me in detail thanks mohammad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to ask what shall i do if my exit re entry expired due to some reasons i wasnt able to come back. my iqama is with my employer but i have a zerox copy of it, and it wl expire april nx yr.can i stll apply for a new job? is there a new rules regarding expired exit re entry visa? what shall i do? pls help me.
    Thank u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can able to come to KSA until your iqama is not expire but your sponsor have to fill a form and get the stamp/permission from the passport office (JAVAZAT). After the stamp your sponsor will send it to you. You should attach the stamped form along with your iqama copy and passport and submit to the Saudi embassy of your country.

      Delete
    2. You can able to come to KSA until your iqama is not expire but your sponsor have to fill a form and get the approval/stamp from the passport office (JAVAZAT). After approval, your sponsor will send it to you. You have to attach the stamped-form along with your iqama copy and your passport and submit it to the Saudi embassy of your country.

      Delete
  5. I lost my electronic final exit visa stapled on my passport someone has taken it... how can i get a copy of my final exit visa, my future relies on it since all of the agency Im applying are looking for this exit visa.

    please help me figure out on how to get a copy of my final exit visa, the whole family will benefit for a good responds, thanks in advance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to ask how many months is the validity of the permanent family visa.

    I got my yellow paper from the Istikhdam Office last 15 November.

    I have sent the yellow paper to my wife for processing at the Saudi Embassy in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to know that do i entitled to obtain family visa where my profession is FUNNI TARTEB TAKAEF WA TABRED or if need to change profession which profession i should be change and my qualification is Diploma Mechanical Engineer- 3 year

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is valid time to stamp the visit visa? and after stamp when they should travel to saudi? please assist my email: thasa2525@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to know how i can get my Masters Degree Certificate which is from an american university by the Saudi Embassy there for application of Family Visa. Please assist me rashid_2b@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is any other way to transfer from sponsor to company. I am in house driver visa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    Is it safe and possible to transfer an expired (dependent of father) iqama to different sponsorship(e.g. company)? Please advise as my iqama will expire on May 1, 2013 and I don't know if it is safe to transfer my Iqama to different sponsor.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AM WORKING ON FREE VISA.
    MY IQAMA REMAIN TWO MONTH. I WANT TO GET FINAL EXIT FROM MY KAFIL BEFORE ONE MONTH ENDING OF MY IQAMA.
    CAN I DO THIS OR ANY PROBLEM IN THIS MATTER...

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear friend . i wish to bring my wife and kids for a vist visa in ramzan can i extend this visa as soon as before expire like before hijj

    ReplyDelete
  14. dear
    now a days change of profession is easy so can i change my profession labor to technician(funny)without certificates. i need your reply please


    waiting for your reply

    ReplyDelete
  15. My wife is under my sponsorship or my dependant. Is it possible for her to employed or transfer to a company sponsorship? Is there any rules from Nitaqat that can be a hindrance doing the transfer? Truly appreciate your kind advice. Thank you so much and more power to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dennis I want to know the same thing. Please also tell me when ever you find the answer.
      usmansunshine@gmail.com

      Delete
  16. My Iqama go for renewal and my family visit visa is expiring how can I renew my family visit visa without iqama,is it possible that I can take my Iqama copy and letter from kafeel with chamber atteshed showing that my Iqama go for renewal please answer my query
    regards
    kaleem
    kaleemas1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. my wife found a new sponsor,before going to jawasat her new sponsor to be give her a paper to be signed. It is rwitten that my wife will pay money to the sponsor about 18,000 saudi riyal for the payment of his expenses [sponsor]for processing my wife papers but my wife did mot sign and my wife wants to find another sponsor.He replied that she cannot be trasffered again because her name is now in MLO.Iwant to asked if my wife cannot be transferred again.She has not sign any papers or have thumbmark to jawasat. Please i want and answer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Salam , I want to know the procedure of transferring my sponsorship from my fathers name to mohe or moh . Please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello sir,
    I'm working in a company in riyadh for past 2 years 2 months(from-july16th-2011).
    As my contract is for 2 years.
    my iqama is valid upto september 24-2013.I give a written paper(on 24-august 2013)to my company for exit and i also write
    not to renuew my iqama and contract.
    i have two questions-
    1)how many days before the copmany needs to stamp exit before my iqama gets experied?
    2)can i stay upto novmber 25th 2013 if the company stamps exit?

    ReplyDelete